Monday, March 7, 2011

11. VONS CHICKEN

PHONE: 671.646.3300
HOURS:
11am - 1:30am Daily
LOCATION:
Hamburger Rd. (Harmon Industrial Park)

Looking for something a little less expensive, we ventured here off a recommendation from the staff at Shogun Teppanyaki. The initial aroma wasn’t what I expected, but I didn’t want to discount the place at first site (or smell). I’ve never dined anywhere in Harmon Industrial Park, so naturally I was hesitant, but at the same time intrigued. It has a vibrant color scheme with comfortable and spacious seating. For $10, I received a half order of the Vons Original Baked Chicken, which can easily feed 2. I opted to compliment it with Honey Barbecue Mustard – not bad, but not good either. For a second try, I asked for the Rainbow Gold sauce and was served the sweet sauce you eat with fried lumpia. I was expecting something unique, but the combo was good nonetheless. We threw in the Tofu Salad to try a little more off the menu ~ tofu straight out of the package, placed on a bed of lettuce, and served with finadene as the dressing ($7.50 not well spent). Would I come back? Maybe after a long while – and probably only to take advantage of their late night hours. I give Vons Chicken a [B-] rating.    ~ La-Di Da-Di

-----

VONS CHICKEN
FOOD: We ordered the Gold Wings Soy Sauce Chicken, Vons Chicken, Tofu Salad, and rice. The best dish was the Gold Wings, which was basically fried chicken wings and drummetts with a Korean base. The Vons Chicken was served as plain chicken, no white meat present, and really no taste to it, but it did come with a choice of sauce. We ordered the honey mustard sauce which tasted more like Thousand Island dressing. I would not recommend the Tofu Salad, which was nothing more than big squares of tofu and iceberg lettuce with dressing that could have been finadene.

PRICE: The Gold Wings Soy Sauce Chicken Wings were $11.00 for a half order. Tofu Salad was $7.50.

PLACE: As far as the place, it was very clean. The service was up to par. When we ordered the tofu salad they informed us they were out of tofu, but they were going to head to the store and purchase it. I would not mind going back for the fried wings and to try the garlic chicken.

My overall personal rating: *C+*     ~ CAPEESH

1 comment:

  1. I was about to go to this place, thinking that I can get Pochon, I guess they don't have that....

    ReplyDelete