Sunday, June 24, 2012

26. ZOZO RESTAURANT

PHONE: 649-1422
HOURS: 11am-2:30pm & 6pm-9:30pm, M-F; 11am-3pm & 6pm-9pm, Sat&Sun
LOCATION: Marine Corps Drive (Across GTA Main Office), Upper Tumon


I heard about Zozo’s long ago and have been meaning to check it out due to the buzz about their Fried Lumpia. Naturally that was the first thing we checked out on the menu, which we complemented with an order of Chicken Lemon Grass and Fried Pork Chops. While I can’t say that I found anything spectacular about any one order, I did note that each dish was nicely presented and the lumpia and pork chops were cooked to a perfect golden brown (and not smothered in oil as usually found at the smaller eateries). Prices were pretty standard and reasonable averaging about $10/dish. I was surprised how spacious it is and pleased with the cleanliness. Would I come back? I ran into one co-worker who said he always runs into another co-worker there, so I’d say it’s one of the better go-to spots for Vietnamese on Guam. I give Zozo’s a [B+].     ~ La-Di Da-Di


-----
FRIED LUMPIA
FOOD: The Fried Lumpia at Zozo’s was nothing different from the average Vietnamese fried lumpia except a bit thinner than usual. The order comes with 5 pieces and the typical sides including lettuce, bean sprouts, noodles and sauce. The Chicken Lemon Grass was average - a wet dish with chicken (thigh pieces) covered in sauce. I enjoyed the Fried Pork Chop the most. It was tasty and, surprisingly, it was already chopped into pieces. It was good by itself or dipped in the fina’dene.

PRICE: Fried Lumpia was $9.00, Chicken Lemon Grass was $11.00, and the Fried Pork Chop was $9.75.

PLACE: The food took a little bit long, but the place was clean and service was often reachable.

My overall personal rating: *B*     ~ CAPEESH

No comments:

Post a Comment