Sunday, June 24, 2012

27. MARIANAS TRENCH

PHONE: 671.646.4019
HOURS: 11am-5pm, Daily
LOCATION: Hafa Adai Exchange, Upper Level, Marine Corps Drive, Tamuning


FOOD: We ordered the Pad Thai and the Panang Curry. The Pad Thai was not bad, but a bit dry. The Panang Curry was okay, but I think the coconut milk overpowered anything else in the dish.

PRICE: The prices were average and service was fair.
PLACE: Marianas Trench is one of the more popular Thai restaurants on Guam. It has been around for a while and that can say a lot about a restaurant.

My overall personal rating: *B*     ~ CAPEESH

-----

TOFU & VEGETABLES
We started off with the Fresh Lumpia, which unfortunately wasn't served very fresh, a sure sign that it'd been prepared earlier in the day. On the other hand, the Pad Thai was tasty with a nice squeeze of lemon and a generous helping. I definitely was pleased that the peanuts were served on the side, which they did without request. We also ordered a tofu and vegetable dish, something I’ve never tried at a Thai restaurant. I can’t recall the name, but it was a good add-on. Prices were between $7-$10. Service was pleasant, but the place was a little dingy. Would I come back? They've been around for a while, which is good...but there are other local Thai joints that rank higher on the list for me. I give Marianas Trench a [C+].    ~ La-Di Da-Di

No comments:

Post a Comment